Office 365 comes with a collection of tools that make users work more productively. Since Office applications have been being used for many decades, it’s convenient to stick to the same old good habits. Office 365 includes plans for use at home and for business. Office 365 is a cloud-based subscription, but you also download it onto your computer from www.office.com/setup, so you actually get the best of both “Microsoft Office” worlds. There are several Office 365 plans around that include desktop versions of the latest Office applications that can be installed across multiple systems and devices such as PCs, Macs, Android tablets and phones, iPad or iPhone. Examples of some fully installed applications are – Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, Publisher, Access and more. Most of the Office plans are paid on a subscription basis, monthly or annually.
Office 365 Features
Well, you may be missing some of the new features that undoubtedly can develop the way you work! Microsoft wants businesses industries to reach the peak of productivity by increasing employees’ work efficiency with its products and with the recent releases of Office 365 and 2016; the collaboration has been taken to another level.
- Real-Time Co-Authoring (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint): Collaborate online and find many changes taking place as they happen with real-time coauthoring in Word. You can save your file to OneDrive or SharePoint so others will be able to work on it with you. You can share records and documents directly from the application; credit goes to the integrated sidebar.
- 50GB of email storage: All of the Office users get 50GB of storage with Exchange Online for email, tasks, calendar, notes, attachments, and contacts. Even more, space can be saved in your mailbox by using the OneDrive cloud storage for sharing the attachments.
- Chat with co-workers in Office apps: Skype in-app integration can be used to chat, share screens and have audio or video chats with your friends and family. That all can be performed without having to leave the application, you’re working in! Even when you do close the app, you can continue the chats and conversation via Skype on your desktop or phone, and continue talking to anyone another side they edit.
- Turning OneNote items into Outlook calendar events: You can even convert notes to tasks inside your calendar and allocate them to colleagues with deadlines or reminders. Also, Send meeting minutes used in OneNote by email and automatically add details (location, date, attendees, and more) for every meeting they’re associated with.
- Power Map in Excel – Turning data into a map: Power Map is an element of the powerful and interactive data visualization features present in MS Excel that are improved with Power BI, the solution for visualizing, analyzing and sharing data insights. The rows of data can be turned into a 3D interactive map with Power Map, which contains the ability to clean data by means of three different filters: List, Range, or Advanced.
- Editing and converting to PDF made easy: When you are done with editing your document, presentation, spreadsheet, or publication, then converting it to a PDF has been made easy and straightforward with the Save as PDF integrated feature. However, when willing to edit a PDF, one can convert this PDF into a Word document without having any formatting issues that usually occurs during copy-paste or editing.
- Resume Reading your Word documents: This Resume Reading feature has made it simpler than ever before to start picking up where you left off, even on different systems or devices! Therefore, MS Word automatically bookmarks the last page you were reading.
- Office 365 Planner to help organize your team’s workflow: If there is something totally fresh, it would be Office 365 Planner! It will help you organize collaboration and plan workflows. You can start using this project management in order tool to create plans, assign and organize tasks, share files, set due dates and many more things. Moreover, all of these works are done through email notifications and visual dashboards.
- The Intelligent email inbox that can de-clutter itself: your mailbox rules will be used by Microsoft’s Clutter feature in order to automatically arrange your email, so high-priority messages are visible first. Also, the other emails are going to be moved to the Clutter folder so that they can be viewed later.
Where to Find Your Office Product Key
An Office product key is the combination of 25 digits alpha-numeric character; it comes along with the Office product you purchase whether online or offline. Example for Office product key: XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX
- If you’ve downloaded Office setup online, (Always go for the best source to download Office Setup. Visit office.com/setup) you need to check the Email receipt in you got during the purchase.
- If you’ve purchased Office from a retail store, the product keys will be found on the Office retail card, or its packaging box you got during purchase.
- However, if you got Office suite already installed on your computer, you can easily find it on the Certificate of Authenticity.
Download, Install and Activate Office Setup
- First of all, from your web browser, go to office.com/setup.
- Then, just log in with the account details. (Or else, you need to create a new Microsoft account, if you don’t have one.)
- Now, you will need to enter the 25 digits key code. This code is the activation key which you got during purchase whether via text message or Retail card.
- After that, on my account page, you need to select the Office subscription you want to set up on your device.
- Once you are done with the payment procedure, tap Download and Office Setup will start downloading.
- Go to the download folder on your device and tap Install the setup file.
- Then, tap on the “Get Started” button.
- Now, a new page with complete Terms & Conditions will appear on the screen.
- After that, go through the License Agreement and tap the “Agree” button.
- Then follow some of the on-screen instructions to complete the activation.
Now the Office product will be set up on your device, and you can start using Office 365, 2016 applications such as Word, Excel, Access and more.