Recently,Microsoft updated Xbox One Software to enable you to connect a Cortana or Alexa- enabled device to control it. As already you know the way of using Alexa on an Echo to control Xbox One, so here you’ll get a glimpse at utilizing Microsoft’s own digital assistant, Cortana to do the same thing.
Steps to Use Cortana with Xbox One
On the Xbox One console, do the following:
- Head to the Settings
- Then, go to the “Kinect and Devices Digital Assistants” option.
- After that, check the ‘Enable digital assistants’ in the box.
Note: If you’reusing the Harman Kardon speaker then you need to make sure that you do have the‘Invoke sep up’ before getting it started. As soon you have it set up, it’s going to be only a matter of beginning to use commands.
For instance, you can say: “Cortana, turn on/off Xbox” so that you can power the console on or off. Or else you can also say: “Cortana, launch app on Xbox.”
- After this, the Cortana will let you know the command is getting executed and a message will immediately appear in the upper right corner of the screen.
Note that if you don’t have the Invoke then as an alternative,you can also use Cortana on your Windows 10 PC or also even Cortana on Android or iOS.
- Here you need to install the Cortana Xbox Skill and then need to log in with your Microsoft account.
- Now, Cortana will find your Xbox andthen you need to permit to access theconsole. Though you can do it by controlling your Xbox with Cortana on a PC or else Cortana app on iOS then it gets chunkier.
- Then, you can see that the voice commands aren’t fluid as like using an Invoke. For instance, you say: ‘Cortana, inform Xbox to discover app’ or else ‘Cortana, Inform Xbox to turn off’- by this, you summon Cortana and then inform her what the Xbox needs to do.
- To know more about what commands, you need to check out Cortana voice commands for Xbox One page of Microsoft. Or you can just ask: ‘Cortana, What can I say?’
The time when it comes to using voice commands for Xbox, it seems that Microsoft could have released an Xbox controller with Cortana building to make things much easier. According to facts, this isn’t something most of the people use much but can be done from a mobile device using the Cortana app, or else it can be done from the Cortana- enabled Invoke on your PC. Check out how to control your Xbox One with Alex if you are not invested in Cortana.
Jeniffer Leio is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Jeniffer Leio written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.